Thanksgiving was different than any other year we've had since being married....and probably even before that. Being so far away from family we were left to spend the holiday alone. Which turned out to be better than we expected. I have to admit that both Brent and I shed a few tears over the idea of not being with family. But we were graciously invited to dinner with some new friends in the ward. And it was a great time. The kids had a blast, the adults held great conversation, and the food-well, the food of course was FANTASTIC!!
We started our Thanksgiving with the kids writing their letters to Santa....it's good to lock them down early with their wish list. :)
Enjoyed dinner with friends...
And ended the weekend with a trip to San Diego. We hit the Zoo, of course, but got rained out of the Wild Animal Park on Saturday. We could have gone, but I packed clothes planning on warm weather(shorts, tshirts, flip flops) and instead got hard rain and even SNOW. So we headed home and decorated the house.
I love the Thanksgiving Season. It is another reminder of how wonderful life is. That Heavenly Father truly had a perfect plan for us to come to this earth and share our time hear in family units. I love my kids; they bring such joy and energy to the family. I love my husband; he provides graciously for our family and adores his kids more than anything. And most importantly, centered around us all is our Savior Jesus Christ. He truly is our brother, our friend, our Redeemer. I am truly grateful.
I'm glad you guys got to spend Thanksgiving with friends since you couldn't be with family. Looks like you had a fun weekend.
ReplyDelete