Pages

Friday, December 4, 2009

TIS THE SEASON....TO BE SICK

Well, for some reason I thought we were going to be immune from sickness this year.  I mean, we are living in the warmest weather we possibly could find in the states.  I just assumed it would kill any yucky virus or bacteria.  Ha-ha. 

Marcus and Madelyn have stilled scrapped by with just the common cold.  The lingering cough is the worst, however, and it seems like it only comes out at night.  Which results in them waking up and feeling like they need to cuddle the rest of the night with mom and dad.  Hmmmm....I love my kids more than anything, but a close second is a COMFORTABLE NIGHT SLEEP.

Up to this point Brian has escaped it all.  Until Wednesday night.  He literally SUDDENLY started wheezing.  Well, we've been through this before so I knew he was ready to hit rock bottom.  Luckily I took him in before it got to bad. Nothing a little antibiotic and a steroid for a week can't fix. He just has Bronchitis.  I can handle Bronchitis.  I was worried it would be pnemonia.

So we're nursing all three kids back to perfect health and after that we'll start all over again. 

1 comment:

  1. Our doc gave us an inhaler for our kids when they are coughing at night. We give them two puffs before bed and it stops the coughing and lets them sleep all night. If they do wake up, he said to give them a few more puffs. It also helps a lot with wheezing - it opens up that airway. Don't know if that would be an option for you, but it has been a lifesaver for us! Hope everyone feels better SOON!

    ReplyDelete