Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

SOME GOOD OLD FUN...

Believe it or not...and I'm having a hard time believing it, it's GREAT weather to be playing outside. It's consitantly in the mid 60's.  So the kids are loving getting their bikes and scooters and, of course, the Barbie jeep out. We got lucky again and bought a home an a fairly quiet street so they pretty much rule the roads.

Marcus's favorite thing to do is to battle with his light saber.  I watch him swinging that thing around so fast and I can just see the story he's playing out in his mind.  His little eyes are bright with imagination.


"hmmmm....what should I pretend now..."



"I wish my mom would put her camera away so I could play"

Brian has taken ownership of the PINK Barbie jeep.  Now that the red jeep and the four wheeler have gone to the happy hunting ground his pick is...PINK.  He doesn't care.  He loves to move fast, and since he isn't moving that fast on his little bike, the jeep is his choice. 


He carefully looks around every time he gets out of the jeep to make sure no one is going to take it.



you can see he has knee pads and elbow pads on...he was driving safe ;)

Madelyn loves playing; either by herself or with someone...she has a great imagination.  Now she likes to bring her CD player outside to listen to her Taylor Swift music while she plays.  Sorry neighbors...she likes it LOUD.


sometimes this is rather fitting....but mostly she is my precious sweet little girl.



Dirty feet and all she's still the prettiest girl around, around...the prettiest girl around.

I'm continually realizing the pure joy of watching my kids learn and grow and use their minds to play.  I love it.  It reminds me of when I was little.  I'd play in my room for hours with my Barbies. HOURS! He-he....even Jeff(my big bro) would play with me. We had fun.....SOME GOOD OLD FUN.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree! I love it that my kids are more interested in building forts, playing dress-up and playing outside than in sitting in front of the TV! They do like movies, but they'd much rather be imagining! I love good old fun!

    ReplyDelete