Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Moments you never want to forget....

I might be spiraling out of control with my blog, but please understand that it is turning into my personal journal.  I have to document this most special teaching moment with my son that I had today. I want NEVER to forget it.

As we drove home today from the most dreaded Carl's Jr. I noticed Marcus had a somber look.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"I miss great grandpa..." he replies which shocked me because he has never met either of his great grandpa's on my side of the family but he asks all the time for me to tell him about them.
"When will I get to see him again." he goes on.
"You'll get to see him again when we are all resurrected." I went on to explain that that would be when Christ came again to the earth.
"That's in a long time."
"Yeah...it could be." And then what came next shook me...
"I wish I could die."....panic goes through my body.
"What! Marcus, WHY?" I say as calmly as I can.
"Cuz I want to see Heavenly Father." So innocent. I explained to him that he didn't need to see Heavenly Father, but that he could feel Him in his heart and knew that he was constantly with him. This is a concept that Marcus is very much aware of.
"But I want to talk to Him." So innocent...again.

I then went on to explain why we pray. That through prayer we are able to talk to Heavenly Father. That we gain a greater relationship the more we pray; a greater relationship, a greater respect, and a greater love. I stressed that that is why we pray morning, night, at every meal, and anytime else we want to.  I then told my little Marcus that I even like to just talk to Heavenly Father about my day; go through it and remember things. I gave him examples like, "I'm sure grateful I was able to see Marcus riding his bike today..." things like that.

Tonight as Marcus said his prayers he began as he always does....thanked Him for a good day, blessed that we'd be safe. And then he paused....and then my sweet little boy continued to talk to his Heavenly Father...telling him about his day, event by event.

NOW THAT IS A MOMENT I NEVER WANT TO FORGET.

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet! It sounds like he has really good parents who have taught him through words and example! Those are the moments that make motherhood the most amazing experience we'll probably ever have!

    ReplyDelete