Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

IT'S ALL WORTH IT

I have to admit that I've struggled a bit with the transition away from ANYTHING remotely familiar.  I've had ups and downs, good days and bad days. I've made some good friends, so that helps along the way.  The kids are starting to make friends, so that really makes me happy.  And Brent is successful and loving his job-I couldn't ask for anything more regarding that. 

But still those days come when you wonder if everything is worth it....And then my son draws a picture and reminds me exactly why it is all worth it.

Marcus, "Mom, I drew a picture."
Me, "Oh, great job Marcus, is that you and..."
Marcus interrupts, "It's a picture of me and Jesus. We're holding hands."

No matter what transition I go through, no matter what pitfalls, happy times, excitment, or dismay, I remembered today that Christ is there, holding my hand every step of the way.
Thank you, Marcus.

4 comments:

  1. Kids are so cute and I find myself wishing often that I could be more childlike! I'm reading a book right now called "Master" by Toni Sorenson. It's a novel about a man who grew up with Jesus. It is wonderful and even though it's fiction, it follows the scriptures very closely. It's brought me a lot of peace. Also, my friend who's 3 yr old little girl drown this past summer sent me an article by Richard G. Scott from the 1995 November issue of the Ensign called, "Trust in the Lord" Dan and I have been studying it quite a bit and it has a lot of good points about why we have to go through certain things. I'm sure you could find it on lds.org. I don't know if any of that would be helpful to you and if you're not interested that's totally fine, but I thought I'd pass it along because it's helped me so much. Sorry for the long comment! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I didnt know you had a blog--either I'm totally dumb and forgot or I didnt ask. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and P.S-- I hope youre not still feeling lonely in Yuma, youre one of the best friends I have here and you can come hang with me anytime! And creighton asks for marcus all the time, so it will be nice if they are in preschool together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That made me cry! So cute. Love those little moments!

    ReplyDelete