Pages

Sunday, December 6, 2009

MY NAME IS SPECIAL

I got the opportunity to teach Marcus's primary class today. It was so much fun.  I'm not gonna lie, I came home and needed a nap.  But I just love being around those sweet spirits.  They had so much to talk about and the light in their eye's....wow!

The lesson was basically centered around the third commandment...Thou shalt not take the Lord they God's name in vain(paraphrasing...).  We talked about how special Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are and that it is hurtful when we use their name for any other purpose than when we are talking about them or thinking about them.  The lesson talked about how special each one of us are and that Heavenly Father knows each one of us by name...BY NAME. 

In teaching the lesson it made me realize just how special my name is.  It is the name my parents gave me to be known by during my walk on this earth.  It is the name that I recognize when someone is calling me.  It is MY NAME.  I've had nick names all growing up...like Hillhead, or Hillbilly Louise, or just plain Hill...and its been okay.  But I've also had people mock my name, like call my Hilly(for obvious reasons) or the time I remember the most is when someone through some little candies at me and said, "look! the boulders are rolling over the Hills...).  Silly things like that but were said to be hurtful or disrespectful.

We know our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ by many names...Lord, Savior, Redeemer, God, Almighty. And those are all wonderful, if used respectfully.  I have always had respect for my Heavenly Father and Savior, but today teaching these cute innocent five year olds, I developed a deeper respect.  A deeper respect for my Lord and King and also....a deeper respect for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment