My flight to Salt Lake was iffy...Arizona had just had some major flash flooding and the airports were cancelling flights right and left. But luck had it that by the time it was my turn to fly the runways were dry and ready for use. Now, when I got to Salt Lake it was snowing, but Karen, Don and I dared the white out roads and made the trip to Idaho. Thank you very much Karen and Don for the ride and the support you showed me and my parents this weekend!!!
The fun started on Saturday...with a grand breakfast, of course...Bacon, eggs, sausage, pancakes. YUM!
Just some of the kids enjoying Grandpa and Grandma's feast
I spent some time putting together an "Email Journal" for my parents. It was all the emails they sent home over the 18 months and a little clip of each picture they sent. I loved the finish product and I think they did too.
Later it was time to start preparing food...lots of food for lunch that day, and the luncheon on Sunday.
We started a couple hours before Martine and Micah and fam arrived so we're just missing gorgeous Martine from the picture.
Next it was snow time. It was blizzarding so the hopes of taking the snowmobile up Beus Hill was destroyed. But the elementary school's hill worked perfectly.
Lizette and Jeff
Thayne tried to hit me....key word "TRY"
Yeah...I didn't go out to long. WAY TO COLD!!
Oops! Micah wasn't quite ready...
The weekend was full of fun reunions. All the grandkids(minus mine) played hard with absolutely NO fighting and no crying. It was awesome!!
I got to FINALLY meet baby Alexis...so adorable
Spent some good quality time with ALL my brothers. I just happen to fool Jeff into taking a pic with me. :)
One of the sweetest reunions was the couple of elders that came to support mom and dad for their report. They served most their mission with these two fine young Men; Brother McCreavy and Brother Paxman.
As wonderful as Sunday was, with all the family together, all my dad's siblings, my family, and my in-laws, there was one thing I had to do that I PROMISED Madelyn I would...and that was make a SNOW ANGEL. Well, my blood has thined CONSIDERABLY in the last 4 months so this was treacherous!!!
THIS IS FOR YOU MADELYN!!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment