Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEARS! .... and other "Happy's" too...

HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!
We had a pretty relaxing New Years Eve...We were lucky enough to spend the first part of it in San Diego ON THE BEACH! It was fantastic weather and the kids had a ball. In fact, this was straight from Madelyn's mouth as we were collecting sea shells....
    "I wish we lived in San Diego. Then we would come to the beach whenever we wanted."
I think her daddy's been brain washing her a bit, but it was a beautiful day.


Grandpa and Grandma enjoyed some R and R...spending time with three noisy grandkids warrants that! :)


The kids worked....


Used their muscles...


And dug like crazy to make the world's best sand castle...


Ok...maybe not the WORLD's best but it was pretty good for them!


And Madelyn made sure to make a little something for me! I love being a mommy!


The scenery is BEAUTIFUL, isn't it! ALL OF IT!

But then it was time to make the trip back to Yuma. Never fear! We had a yummy yummy barbeque followed by roasting marshmallows.  The kids had a blast.




Though we were tired as could be, Brent and I, Karen and Don were able to stay up till midnight to ring in the new year.
2010 is going to be the BEST YEAR SO FAR!!

We've been having a great visit with Grandma and Grandpa Bushman....Here's just a few of the things we've done....
LOTS AND LOTS of games: Stare, Crazy 8's, Connect, Four, Quiddler, Break the Ice, Go Fish, Settlers, etc, etc, etc.
 
We've enjoyed some park time. Mostly at the "Castle Park". We played some frisbee golf...it was definitely a sight to be seen.  Let me just say that 99 cent frisbees don't fly very well.

I think this whole took me 7 throws....

I think this hole took Karen about 20.... just kidding Karen!!! :)


Very thirsty after all that frisbee golf....

Very thirsty....

VERY VERY thirsty....

We were able to enjoy Wayne and Jen's family tradition of "Tallerina" via long distance.  It's been the first year in a LOOOONG time that we haven't been able to enjoy the tradition with their family.  So thank you very much Wayne and Jen for sending the recipe, cookies, and socks.  Once again, the kids enjoyed it!




AND THEN WE HAVE SAN DIEGO!!!
Don and Karen hadn't been to the zoo in years so we enjoyed a couple hours there...

notice the socks....those are her Talerina socks...

We've seen just about all of the San Diego Zoo, except for Elephant Odessey. We finally got there.



And the kids enjoyed the statues more than the REAL animals...go figure.

That night we enjoyed a bit of Old Historic Downtown San Diego...

Well, Madelyn did...

And Brian did....

Marcus...not so much.

Couldn't get a single smile out of him....

A little piece of Daddy's works' history

We've enjoyed so fun times. And still have a few more days to make more memories.

2 comments:

  1. I saw the fruit there in your barbeque picture and it made me miss Arizona just a tad bit - not too much though! :) They do have the best fruit don't they? I loved our dinner appts because there was always fresh juicy fruit along with dinner - the best when it's hot outside. It's strange to see you guys on the beach - we got between 4-6 inches of snow today, the kids made a snowman and Dan spent most of the afternoon snow blowing everyone's sidewalks and driveways. Crazy! Happy New Year - hope it's the best ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys really live life to the fullest. What fun memories! I'm jealous that you live in driving distance to San Diego. If I had millions, that's where I would live in a heartbeat. (Except Jeff wouldn't allow us to live in California.) :)

    ReplyDelete