So I found out that some of Marcus's friends had written "Valentine's" to some of their favorite gals. I wondered if Marcus had. So I nonchalantly asked. And he immediately said "NO!!" But then once I mentioned that I knew that his best buddy had he changed his story a little.
Marcus: Oh yeah, I did...(smiles)
Me: Oh really...(very skeptical, but curious)
Marcus: Yeah, I wrote one to Ms. Nielson
Me: (ummmm....pause, pause....not quite what I had in mind) And why did you do that?
Marcus: Cuz she borrowed me(yes thats how he said it) some books.
Me: Oh...cute
subject dropped....and then he came home with this this week. I found it in his backback.
Is that not the sweetest note! How innocent and cute. And then I turned it over....
She was sweet enough to respond to his note. I'm sure teachers get "valentines" all the time and some of them respond and some don't. I thought this was so thoughtful and respectful.
So though it wasn't quite what I had in mind for a Valentine for Marcus, I thought it was cute.
No growth in the comfort zone!
2 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment