Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

HATS OFF TO ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Brent and I just returned home from our Mexican cruise on Royal Caribbean cruiseline - Radiance of the Seas. We cruised from May 3 - May 8, 2010. Every minute of everyday was a BLAST! You might get an information overload but it's my journal so....

DAY ONE - SET SAIL and off to Ensenada
Boarded the ship around 1:30pm, found our way around, and then ATE our first buffet. Our "Cruise Planner" talkatively joined us for about an hour around the table.  But, hey, I learned a LOT about cruising...
View of San Diego as we sailed away...adios real life! We'll see ya in a week!
And this is where I sat when we first saw "butt Lady". LOOK! You can judge me but after you start seeing the same people over and over you start to name them. Butt Lady was drunk before she even got on board. She was obnoxious and in everybody's bubble. She changed into her swimsuit and had one cheek graciously hanging out for all of us to view.  She basically gave herself the name!!...but for the next five days she was "Butt Lady"...

Before dinner we had our mandatory lifeboat drill. And by 6:00 we were in the main dining room ready to meet our table mates for the next five days and enjoy some yummy starters, entres, and desserts!
After dinner was the cruise's first show - "Let's Rock the Boat" with the R.C. singers and dancers and comedian Steve Shaffer... he was hi-lar-i-ous!
Later was the 70's Disco Inferno!!! Yay baby! I was the first one out on the dance floor. We had sooo much fun! We danced and danced and danced until we couldn't dance anymore...
And then we went and had a midnight snack...yep! We never stopped eating!
Tip of the day...on the first day of your cruise BUY THE BOTTOMLESS SODA MUG!! You get soda anywhere they sell it on the ship and only pay the one time fee. It's about $40. But it is $40 well worth it!! A can of soda on the ship is about $3. I probably filled my mug 6-7 times a day and had glasses of diet coke at every meal. WORTH IT!!!

DAY 2 - ENSENADA
We got off the boat for awile in Ensenada but quickly did some shopping and got back on. Not the greatest place in the world-just shopping and eating(though we didn't eat on land-not when we already paid for it on the cruise...hello!lol) It was your typical Mexican tourist town; the locals were bartering their goods. We got a few things for the kids but thats it.
And then it was back to where I was most comfortable..in front of the pool, on my lounge chair, drinking Diet Coke and reading a book.  What a hard life!
We got some good rays until it was time to get all dressed up for formal night. They had photographers set up throughout the ship to take "formal portraits" and then we went to dinner. Did I forget to mention that we had a smashing buffet as well. :) From now on it can just be assumed that we stuffed ourselves at the buffet for breakfast AND lunch... But we did try to make ourselves feel a bit better about it by working out at their gym(we only did it twice during the week but it counts).

Don't I have such a handsome husband! We dressed up to enjoy a night of fine dining, the "Tango Buenos Aires" production by the R.C. singers and dancers and guest tango couple, and then danced until our feet were numb at the nightclub. I can't forget Brent's hand at the Blackjack table. Yes, that's right! When it was all said and done(which only took about a half an hour) he was up $6. Good enough for us!
Gotta love the towel animals.
So I mentioned earlier that we had named a few people around the ship...well this night WE were named...we had "the twins" label us the "cute couple". Brent was sooo sure these two girls were twins(I knew they weren't, there was an obvious age difference). They were eight years apart but this is Brent's response..."wow...I wouldn't even be able to tell which one is older". GAG-I'm throwing up in my mouth as he's saying it! No wonder he's so smooth with the ladies.... Some of the other people we kept running into were "grandma"-she was the cutest little lady with here hair extensions and dance moves to die for,  "cougar couple"-she had to have been at least 5-10 years older than him(they were on their honeymoon). Oh, and the "Odd Couple"-they were opposites in everyway, starting with the fact that she was about a head taller than him. Good stuff.
Midnight snack. Dancing makes you hungry, right??

DAY THREE-AT SEA
We slept in! AHHHHHHH
Today was a very relaxing day. We sailed all day so that meant alot of lounging by the pool. We played some mini golf(I WON!!), worked out, ate of course, I even joined the line dancing class out by the pool WHICH turned out to be super fun.


Night time was filled with picture taking at the front of the boat, another fun evening in the dining room with our table mates, the most AWESOME concert starring MOSAIC(you might remember them from America's Got Talent), Quest(an adult gameshow), and of course DANCING-it was 80's night!!
I did feel like the king of the world on this trip-we had soo much fun!
Ray and Kelly - totally awesome! Don't they look soooo familiar?
Eliza and Stacy - so funny. They travel alllllll over. I think Eliza knew a little about EVERYWHERE! So fun.

This group was amazingly talented. They are an a capella group, making all percussions, etc with their own voices. You have to see them live to appreciate them fully but you can UTube them and get an idea of how amazing they were. Plus they put on a darn good show.

AND THEN THEIR WAS QUEST!!! Basically...don't ask, don't tell. hehe!
Ray and Stacy with their pants on inside out and backwards! We had sooo much fun! It was a crazy fun scavenger game.  Thanks table mates for having so much fun with us! We feel like we got so lucky to sit with you guys!!

DAY FOUR - CABO SAN LUCAS
Thursday was a fun filled day. We tendered off the ship and onto Cabo at about 7:30am, immediately secured a water taxi to take us to Lover's Beach and spent the majority of the day just lying in the sun, snorkeling, swimming, and relaxing. At Lover's Beach you have points where the Pacific and the Sea of Cortez meet. There is a beautiful archway, as well. To tell you the truth the landscape literally took my breath away. You'll see pictures of Lover's Beach, and us parasailing-something we've both wanted to do but have been to scared. We DID IT!!
That's our ship behind us...
They call the pelicans "Mexican Chicken"...funny
What a magnificent site...
This is on the Pacific Ocean side. The waves were amazing when they crashed into the rocks. Just FANTASTIC!!
hubba hubba!!!
This was on Lover's Beach. The boat taxi's came right up to the beach so it made it kind of hard to snorkel but we had fun swimming.
There were caves sporadially throughout the rock formations.
The day at Cabo was literally one of the best days of our married life. We just relaxed and enjoyed each other's company. They kids were safe with grandma so we had no worries.  The beauty of the area was just....ahhhhh! We loved it!
I forgot to mention our Bingo games. We got hooked on Bingo. Eliza and Stacy kept winning bank. Even Ray and Kelly were winning. It was only right for us to win...no such luck!
Had to get some pics of our stateroom. This is literally the size of it. I think it was 163sq ft. And the bathroom smelled like an outhouse.  But it was good enough for us. We were NEVER in our room.
After Bingo we took a Swing Dance class. We had so much fun I nearly pee'd my pants! Yes...I was laughing so hard, there was a near accident. Then we went to the Love and Marriage Game Show - totally fun with the cutest old couple you've ever seen.  Later that night was a variety show. A juggler...I won't even mention his name cuz well...he was horrible. And Brent and I slept through most of it. Ooops! We were tired! But not tired enough to miss the midnight Mexican Buffet! LOL!!

DAY FIVE - SAILING HOME
Day five was cold, windy, and the ONLY DAY I GOT A SUNBURN!!! We just enjoyed relaxing as we sailed home. Went to a few odds and end things; towel folding demonstration, men's sexy leg contest, lots of laying around, and of course our final chance to win $3000 at Bingo...no such luck, again. But STACY won! grrrrrrr :) One last night of formal dining, an awesome production by the R.C. singers and Dancers - "The Piano Man" and then some Late night comedy with Steve Shaffer again. I was rolling he was sooooo funny! Joke joke joke joke joke!
This is Jorge-he was our asst waiter and so nice. One day he'll be a chef...
Our Dining Table - these guys were great! It was fun to get to know them and hopefully we can stay in some sort of contact.
One last midnight snack at the Seaview Cafe

And then it was time to come home. Don't get me wrong, I was soooo excited to see the kids. I missed them terribly. But it was quite magical to spend a week away with my husband with no worries, no cares, and no responsibilities. We ate, we danced, we played hard. It was so fun to experience it with him.  We cruised for our honeymoon, and now here's to EIGHT YEARS! I LOVE YOU BRENT!!

ps...the kids loved their tiny gifts...A guitar for Marcus, Power Rangers costume for Brian, and a purse and necklace for Madelyn...

2 comments:

  1. Its funny cuz I'll have similar pictures, in that exact same swimsuit, holding a diet coke, and same coverup (just a different color).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks way fun, especially the parasailing!

    ReplyDelete