Yesterday I taught my lesson in Relief Society. It was Chapter 10, The Scriptures. As I prepared it I realized that it was going to be mostly informational. But as I presented it, I found that it was most inspirational...to myself. I don't know if anyone else took anything away from it, but I sure did.
What great sacrifice prophets of old made to bring us these great words of wisdom. How blessed we are to sit at our computer, drive in our car, carry our phone, lay on our bed, or run on the treadmill and be able to read or listen to the words of the holy prophets.
One comment I made was that our scriptures are not a night stand fixture or a Sunday prop...but our lifeline-our book of how and why.
Today I make a solid commitment to myself to STUDY the standard works... all of them. Maybe not all at the same time, but it is my desire to become more familiar with the words within. I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love KNOWING that I can be with my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ forever if I live my life worthily. And I know the more I put into my study of the scriptures the easier it will be for me to stay on the strait and narrow, to follow God's plan for me.
THIS JUST TURNED INTO A MAJOR COMMITMENT FOR MYSELF. I just created a new blog... http://www.hilaryslifeline.blogspot.com/ . My plan is to keep a record of my thoughts, questions, and things that really stand out to me. I have decided to start in the Pearl of Great Price since it has been ages since I opened that book. Pray for me and please offer any words of wisdom that you wish.
No growth in the comfort zone!
2 years ago




Good for you for starting that blog! I definitely need to study more. I'll follow your blog for some insight and inspiration!
ReplyDelete