Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

FIRST Hip Hop Performance

Madelyn and Marcus are taking a Hip Hop Class. They love it...I'm not a fan of the program...but since they love it I bite my tongue.  Two words - money guzzler. Anywho.....they had their first performance on the Riverwalk a couple weeks ago. November 5th to be precise. They did great, had a good time, and it was fun to see them get into the dance during the performance.

Marcus was so nervous all morning long. He asked when his tummy would stop hurting and I told him the honest truth, "...after you get off the stage." Well, its true for most. (PS...while I'm typing this I'm having major sea leg issues. I keep feeling like I'm still on the ship-that will be a later post, but woah...dizzy)

Okay....cute as the uniforms may be, this is my blog/journal so I need to vent a little. Madelyn's uniform cost $130!!!! Seriously! And Marcus's muscle shirt, drawstring pants, plain hat and wrist band....$80!!!!!  I had to "bling" the hats out myself which was another like $10 for materials AND we had to buy the high tops too(which was okay cuz I know if they were in any other dance class I would be buying them special shoes for that too). We have to pay to get into each of the performances(the last one was $10/person) AND pay for parking. Hullo!!! If they class was giving them technical training and something that would take them to the next level it would be absolutely no big deal...but it's not.  Deep breath. Okay, I'm done....look how cute they look :) Those are my hip hopsters...



Marcus is the boy on the right and Madelyn is the second from the end on the right, in the back. They aren't receiving any technical training in the class but they are having a ton of fun. Marcus want to learn break dancing so bad so we YouTube it every once in awhile for him to get ideas. Madelyn has this cute little attitude/pop to her. It is so fun to watch them explore the way music can make their bodies jam. I love that they love music and I love that they love to dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment