I just spent a weekend in Washington with my friends Ann and Don, and their two kids, Isabella and Noah.
It started out in Scottsdale at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort, which was fantastic by the way. Especially through priceline - $45/night. Can't beat that for a HUUUGE room, beautiful grounds, three pools, fitness and racketball, putting green, tennis courts, business centers, full spa, etc etc etc. I took a picture of the view looking at my room, looking from my room, and, well...me!
I had a bit of time on Thursday before my plane left so I stopped by the Mesa Temple. It was the first time I had been there - it's beautiful! There is not a soul on the earth or beyond that could deny the beauty of theTemples and the Temple Grounds. What a magnificent feeling just to walk around the exterior of the temple.
Then came a quick bite at Chik-Fil-A, a jaunt to the Mesa-Phoenix Gateway, and soon enough a seat on the JET provided by Allegiant Air. To tell you the truth I thought it was going to be a charter plane at best. But it was a good size Jet and was a very comfortable flight! Can't beat the price!!!
And a very warm welcome in the Tri-Cities...ANN!!! Yay!! We started our trip with a bit of shopping, and some yummy dinner at Cedars, a comfy stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Kennewick, a drive by past the Columbia River Temple, and some lounging in the hot tub. Friday we finished up some shopping, became kids again and rode a juvenille zip line at one of the many parks in the Tri-Cities, and got a Pedicure(my first EVER). Did I forget to mention lunch at P.F. Changs(mmmmm).
Cedars was yummy...but don't ever ask them in their Clam Chowder is "fishy". They didn't appreciate that question very much.
Bright Blue....
Fabulously purple...
In Yakima I got to finally see Ann and Don's new home, eat some yummy Don lasagna...and YES, I ate it for left overs too! Ann even cooked for me and it was goooood, we enjoyed a fair, a "walk-about", a park, The White House for lunch, the street market, and the Mercantile-mmmm...the Chocolate Factory there was dangerous. I learned all about harvesting hops and apples so next time you eat an apple from Yakima...I can tell you all about it. Oh, and I found a grocery store that gives customers free money just because they ask for it!!! ha-ha! I got to spend some good quality time with Isabella and Noah which in turn made me miss my kids terribly(in a good way, of course), but most of all it was a great opportunity to continue to build an already fantastic relationship!
THANKS ANN, DON, ISABELLA, and NOAH!!!!
Oh, and my FAVORITE SAYING from the weekend - "No,no Belluaaa!" The way a two year old reprimands his big sister is so stinkin' cute!!
Here's to the next trip!!!




Glad you got to go! Every mommy needs some me time! I also love the Mesa Temple - so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great trip! Looks like it was fun, and love the blue toes. Every woman needs a pedicure at least once in her life...glad you got one!
ReplyDelete