Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

A WEEKEND GET-A-WAY

We took the chance to head out of town a couple weekends ago. Back to San Diego, of course. We wanted to escape the heat AND get in some beach time. So it was the natural course for us to take. :)

Between the beach, Old Town, Downtown, and Balboa Park, we had a great time! Lots of pictures in this post. The kids looooove the beach so it's hard for me to stop taking pictures of their fun.

Madelyn enjoying the sand...

Marcus...


And Brian....



Individually they have fun, but they have fun together too....




And then came the sand fight...

And that is exactly why I chose to sit peacefully in my chair and read. Sand everywhere is not my cup of tea...

We love Oldtown San Diego. There is a fantastic Mexican Restaurant that we love. It's called Cafe Coyote and it has great food, fun atmosphere, and the kids can pick out a candy at the candy store next door.

We also visited the Mormon Battalion historical site downtown. If you have never been it is FANTASTIC. Very interactive for adults and children. I loved it, the kids loved it. You can learn so much history in under an hour PLUS pan for gold!!

We also found a FANTASTIC cupcake bakery downtown in the Gaslamp district. It is called Heavenly Cupcake and I can attest that they were HEAVENLY....

We had a ton of fun at Balboa Park. It's right there by the zoo and they have a fantastic park set up. We've been there multiple times and NEVER seen the park. Can you believe it?? Crazy crazy. Anyway, the kids had a blast. Madelyn and I had a "photo shoot". It was all great!!
Okay...so my pictures might not do the park justice, but we had a lot of fun posing!

So much fun! Three days is a perfect length for a vacation - not to long, not to short. Then you get cute pictures like this one...

And you avoid crying and fighting ones almost totally. :)

We took some family pictures in Oldtown too, but I will post them seperately. Fun trip. Fun. Fun.

1 comment:

  1. I think Brent was a mexican in his former life considering how much he LOVES mexican food. :)

    ReplyDelete