Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

PIGGY BANK PUT TO GOOD USE

My kids love Webkinz. So when Marcus tried to log on the other day and his account was EXPIRED, he was all sorts of upset. He kept saying, "I want my puppy! I miss Darth Mahl!" Yes, that is what he named his Webkinz...of course.

So I explained that if it was something he loved and that was important he could use his hard earned money to buy another one. After counting through his piggy bank, we headed to Target...he picked out a Chihuahua...and name him PERCY. I guess the names go with whatever he is most interested in at the time.

I hope he learned that we can't just always go and buy whatever we want. That things cost money and we have to save and sacrifice to obtain things. It was a small lesson, but hopefully a piece of it will stick. "Percy" is guarded with his life. Because he spent his own money he got a tiny glimpse of the finance behind the want.

Percy, Marcus, and Darth Mahl
(It was even exciting for him to keep his receipt...how cute)

1 comment: