Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

BOISE...Then HOME

And then there was Boise...Good Old Boise! I love Boise and I am sure there will always be a part of me that stayed in Boise. The Treasure Valley is one of the most perfect places to live.  The weather is perfect-you get all four seasons but with a short winter and a very enjoyable spring. You can stay entertained within the boundaries of the Treasure Valley - plays, parks, shopping, restaraunts, the zoo, Discovery Center, the water park, etc. Not to mention all the amenities that are near by - McCall, Cascade, Sun Valley, Idaho City - all perfect in their own ways for each season.

But in a little nook of Southwest Boise did I leave a piece of my heart, and a piece of my kids' heart. We found the most perfect neighborhood for kids...and where a lot of kids are you'll find a lot of moms. So it was the perfect place for me too.
Our home was across the street from a cul-de-sac that opened up to a neighborhood pond.  The fountain, the geese, even the cranes that visited are sure missed.  The kids could play hours and hours at that pond, throwing rocks in the water, using their imagination. We even took a boat out and rowed around the pond.  The grassy area next to the pond was our sports field - baseball, soccer, frisbee, kites, running around.

But it was also the homes that surrounded the pond that made it home...good ole' Marc and Lori, Marty and Karen, just to name a few.  And of course the Becksteads...we had a trail from their backyard all around the pond to the cul-de-sac from the kids running back and forth.

And right next door- ahhh, the Kent's. It was the greatest when we both extended our patios and took the fence down that separated our yards. The kids were in heaven.  I can still see little Mak at our sliding glass door.

The Gorton's to the rear...what wonderful neighbors. Turns out the kids had some best friends around every corner. Turns out I had best friends around every corner!

And those are just the short corners I'm talking about....let us not forget Mormon row on the other side of the subdivision where some more of the greatest people live - Katie, Andrea...you know who you are. And now Janae on momon row... :)

I could go on and on about THREE OAKS SUBDIVISION. It's a perfect place to live for your kids. And it just so happens that the adults get along quite well too.
 
Lightsabers...always lightsabers!
Zac, Cade, Jordan, Makayla, Marcus, Brian
True love!!! And the best of friend!
Aren't they the cutest girls around!! Cassie, Madelyn, Alexis
GIRLS NIGHT!!! Dinner and lots of gabbing! Me, Janae, and Katie, then Andrea, Stephanie, and Ann...Becky was there too- just stepped out for a minute during picture.
Girls table
Boys table - oh how I miss Ethan and Jordan!
Well, there's trouble!
The pond...this picture only shows about a fifth of the pond.

FRIENDS EVERYWHERE
There's Marc. All he wanted to do was pressure wash his fence. But he ALWAYS takes time for the kids - always! He entertained them for a good 45 minutes spraying them, spraying his fence, then spraying them. Never once did he complain. We miss you MARC!!!
Them are some good looking boys!

Good times...good memories. And the memories go beyond Three Oaks. So many good people in our ward. I would be naming names for hours and probably miss someone so everyone just know I love ya and miss ya! And I can't wait to see ya'll this summer! Yay!

Boise holds my heart in lots of ways. I also have two siblings in Boise with their beautiful wives and wonderful families. We stayed at Jeff and Jackies for most the nights we were there and then Thayne and Angels the last night. I had the best time catching up with them all, talking, laughing, even a little crying, and some bow making too. I love my brothers to the Nth degree but they definitely married up. Jackie, Angel, and Martine are three of the best friends I have ever had. I love my sisters! I LOVE THEM! Thank you so much for becoming part of our family.
Madelyn and Lizette had fun reading
Family Home Evening with Thayne and Jeff's families
Brian, Trulie, Marcus, Phieffer, Ammon, Lizette, Hampton, and Shepard.
They boys thought they were so..."cute"
My family - me, Jackie and Lexy in the Chair, Angel on the side, Jeff, and Thayne and Ammon. If we could just super-impose Micah and Martine into the picture it would be the best looking photo ever taken...without them we're just average....just kidding!

We live far away. But as far as I'm concerned the bonds between our family are unbreakable. So look out cuz we'll be coming to visit again and again. We love you and miss you so much!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great time and I'm glad you got to spend time with family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had such a great time wit you!! July comes soon!

    ReplyDelete