Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

FIRST TOOTH-In the bag...

Last night was another one of those monumental moments for a kid. Madelyn lost her FIRST TOOTH!!!

Remember when you were a little kid and your dad always wanted to wrap that string around your tooth and hook it to the door knob? Or he'd say..."let me get the plyers(sp)". I was always afraid of that. I remember vividly running with the yank...ya'll know what I'm talking about the "one...two...three..." and you run with the door or with your dad's hand pulling away from you. Yeah...I remember it so clearly.

I found myself tying the floss to Madelyn's tooth last night - AND SHE GRACIOUSLY LET ME! As I was counting to three all these thoughts came rushing back and I almost couldn't go through with it. But with one easy tug the tooth was out and dangling from the floss.

Madelyn was SOOOOOO excited; her eyes lit up like it was Christmas. And the best part...she has another loose tooth and she told me last night, "you can pull my next one the same way, mom."

So dad, I'm sorry for all the tantrums during "the pull".  I found out last night that if MADELYN can handle it...it really can't be that bad.

And Madelyn....CONGRATULATIONS! I CAN'T BELIEVE THE TOOTH FAIRY LEFT YOU $2! YOU'RE TOTALLY RICH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment