Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

TWO WEEKS OF FUN

The kids and I just returned from two weeks of fun in Utah and Idaho. Brent made the first stretch with us to visit family in Utah.  His parents were heading out on their second mission, destination - GERMANY. They were called to serve in the Temple for eighteen months.  After Utah we spent some time in Idaho.  This post is dedicated to our Utah trip.
We started out our trip stuck in Cedar City because of none other than a SNOW STORM! Wow...haven't seen the white stuff for a season.  When we pulled into Herriman we ate at Chick-Fil-A. An ode to my friend Debbie-her favorite place.
Immediately upon our arrival the men started loading up boxes which didn't stop until late evening. But the kids had a lot of fun. Cynthia had games planned for them.
We stayed at Kathy and Jody's home. Thank you so much for your hospitality. We were so comfortable, the kids had a TON of fun with Sam and Whit too. The conversation was so fun. I feel like I get to know Kathy and Jody better and better every time I see them. They are both so talented and goal driven; they love their family and would do anything to protect them and help them succeed.  I look up to them and their family a lot.
wrestling with Trevor and Sam
Don and Karen gave fantastic talks on Sunday morning. They will be excellent missionaries once again.  We are so excited for them, and especially to be sent to Don's first mission.  We are just so excited for the work you will accomplish.
Almost the entire family
All the grandkids minus Josh, Missy, and grandbaby Hayden
The trip was a lot of work getting Don and Karen moved out of their condo and settled down before they left for the MTC. But it wasn't all work. We found some time for play.
Even spent some time at Cabela's and Thanksgiving Point at the farm.
ICEBERG ice cream...YUUUUUMMM

And then it was time to go, say our goodbyes not only to daddy cuz he was flying home, but also to Grandma and Grandpa.  Then on the road by 8:30 to head to Tremonton where we'd spend the next day and night of our trip.

To those of you who haven't been to Micah and Martine's place I'm just going to say it....nnnnnnniiiiiiiicccccceeee! It completely suits them. From the location, to the finish work. It is pefect for them and their family.  And can I just say it is a real pleasure to be a guest in their home. Martine made us a spread for lunch that kept going until dinner. Then Micah made a breakfast for kings. They were fantastic hosts!

In the morning we packed up and headed to Idaho. And that is where I stop this blog post and will continue another day. And that is five and a half days of our two week venture....

2 comments:

  1. Ummm....I want ICEBERG ice cream! Looks delicious! Glad you had a good trip and made it home safely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing- an amazing mom and an amazing sister. Thank you for doing this blog- it is so fun to see the pictures and read about your adorable family. We were so glad to spend time with you.

    ReplyDelete