So...I'm not one to run to the doctor to quickly. I usually wait things out at long as possible. It's like pulling teeth to get me to go for myself, but I'll finally go when it's totally necessary. And as for the kids, we've had enough ear infections, colds, flu's, etc for me to know that most illnesses will take their course and be gone.
Well, Brian's ears have been bothering him for the last 6 days. I kept telling myself to ride it out, "ride it out, Hilary, they'll get better".
They didn't get better....
So I took him to the doctor. Of course both ears are inflamed, his nasal passages are totally congested causing the infection...yes, we've all heard it before. But don't worry- he's not contagious!! :) So what's the fix....not just an antibiotic but a STEROID TOO!!!!
And all I can say is...
"NOT AGAIN!!"
There's alot of you that have to put your kids on steroids for asthma, allergy, or other reasons so you know when I say, "as if the last week hasn't been bad enough."
FIVE DAYS....five days!!
And at the end of those five days guess what....GONNA NEED A GIRLS NIGHT!!
On a positive and less selfish note - my son will finally feel relief!!! And that makes momma happy!
No growth in the comfort zone!
2 years ago




My sister used to take steroids often for asthma. We called them her "mean pills"! She was SO mean and would eat everything in sight! But like you said, it's hard to get upset with them when you know they feel miserable! Good luck for the next five days! I'll make reservations at O.G. for Monday night!
ReplyDeleteI'm like you on trying to wait out illness, but inevitably I find myself in the drs. office 2 weeks later with them telling me, "well she's developed pneumonia." Or with Jonah, "We need to admit him." Ugg! Then I feel like the worse mother ever because I didn't bring them in sooner~!
ReplyDeleteAnyhow, I'm sorry your little guy is sick and hope the next five days go fast for both of your sakes!
I had to give mckenna steroids in liquid form and it was the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted EVER ( I tried a drop of the sprite I put it in to see whay she wouldnt drink it). I hope its not that kind of steroid. And P.S- I know what you mean about living in the most perfect area (treasure valley), because thats how I felt about where I grew up, it had so much to offer. Unlike a place that starts with Y and ends in uma. j/k
ReplyDelete