After getting settled some of the first people I met were Michelle, Jeremy, and BRENT. We all became instant friends. Keep in mind, I'm still dating "other guy". But through on and off's with "other guy", Brent and I developed a fantastic friendship. But it wasn't for quite awhile that I realized, "hey, wait! I think I love Brent." Needless to say, bye bye "other guy".
And so two years we dated. Two years of fun, fun, fun! Did I mention we had FUN! While we dated we visited L.A., Seattle, Island Park, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, etc, etc, etc. We had FUN!!
Being a girl I finally needed a commitment....so I dumped him. :( It turns out he couldn't live without me!!!
So on a cold October night he proposed at the pond by the Pocatello Airport. Keep in mind this was just after 9/11 so lounging around airport property was not permitted. So before he could pull the ring out of his pocket we were bombarded by a National Guardsman(is that what I'd call him?). I think the guy saw the desparation in Brent's eyes and told him he had two more minutes. and BAM...out came the most beautiful ring I had ever seen...and STILL have ever seen!
We were married in the Logan Temple on 02/02/02 with all our family and closest friends in attendance. It was a beautiful day, a PERFECT DAY....except that Brent got really really sick and basically passed out after the reception. :)
Eight years later and he's still my best friend. He's given me EVERYTHING. A wonderful husband, a fantastic father to the three most precious spirits, and the best eternal companion.
Thank you Brent for EVERYTHING!




How sweet! I don't think I've ever heard your proposal story before. Congratulations on a happy 8 years!
ReplyDeleteIt's neat how the Lord works things out, isn't it? I'm glad you moved to Poky - even though I ended up taking over your little basement apartment to be a built in babysitter - ah - good times! :) I remember the night you got engaged too - you do have a beautiful ring! Happy Anniversary and here's wishing you many more happy years together!!
ReplyDeleteAlong those same lines, I never thought I'd get with Dan, he was so quiet! I'm glad Heavenly Father is in charge and knows better than us! I would have made a big mess of things!!
Woo hoo! Isn't it crazy how fast it goes?
ReplyDelete