Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2009

OUR FIRST YUMA HOLIDAY

Halloween was sure different here in Yuma.  For starters...it was about 70 degrees when we went out to trick or treat. But the most humorous difference was the fact that the people come out of their homes and set up lawn chairs and tables, have BBQ's or Mexican style dinners and hand out candy.  It looked like people were getting ready for the 4th of July fireworks or something.  That was pretty fun, actually.  And we enjoyed a party put on by some members of our ward.  They put a movie on the garage doors and all of us adults sat and ate and ate and ATE! 

So our Halloween consited of carving pumpkins, Trunk or Treating, Trick or Treating, and then a party to end the holiday. Madelyn Dressed as Hannah Montana, Marcus was Darth Vador, and Brian was a Clonetrooper - more Specifically, REX.  I even dressed up this year as a nurse, and Brent was a biker dude.  I drew a tatoo on his bicep...shouldn't have done that - he wants one now.  IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN :)





Madelyn had a fun party at school. We watched the parade of costumes. Marcus and Brian thought it was great!




We all had fun at the FALL FESTIVAL.  With face painting, jumpers, cake walks, games gallore, dunking machines, and food food food, who wouldn't enjoy themselves. :)




I have to say Yuma knows how to celebrate holidays.  It was a lot of fun and now I'm exhausted!!

But it's time to move on to new things.  I was set apart today as a Relief Society Instructor.  I'll be teaching the third Sunday Lesson.  And Brent got a calling today....wow, did he get a calling.  If you're shaking your head at mine, you'll be rolling on the floor about his.  What is the one callingthat Brent FEARED most...da-da- dahhhhhhhhhh

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! I'm happy to have you as a fellow blogging mommy! It looks like you guys are settling right in! I don't know what calling Brent feared the most? Maybe Bishop or in the Bishopric? You'll have to let us know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Cute Pictures! Whit and Sam loved seeing the pictures too. We are SOOOO excited to see you! Love You!

    And Hilary- you have nothing to worry about- Brent is terrified of needles!

    ReplyDelete