Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Saying Goodbye to Yuma....

It was a short time, our lives in Yuma. But in those few months(about a year and a half) we fell in love with our house, loved our pool, made some amazing friends, vacationed selfishly in San Diego, ate Mexican food like it was going out of style, and had more family visit us than ever before :)

I can truly look back at my short time in Yuma with a happy and heavy heart. I loved it, I hated it, I will never miss it, I will always want to try to make it back there. It was perfect...almost...in a way. This small, big town in the middle of the desert. But the people there...WOW! If you want to make some great friends you will find them in Yuma. And here's why...everyone either hates it or loves it. And if you feel BOTH of those emotions then you have got yourself a load of friends. I had great "local" friends that will be there forever and love every minute of it. I hope one day to go back in 10-15 years and visit the Nelsons and the Farars, the Thompsons, and the Titensors, etc....And then I have "transplant" friends that are there for one reason or another-like Brent and I were. And no matter if I go back in a year or 10 years, they will be gone, just like I am. But somewhere on the map I will find the Moyes, the Meyers, the Jones, or the Hutson's, etc.

And as I type, and feel a tear fall down my cheek, I remember a folder in my computer with hundreds of pictures that will allow me to remember almost every moment of my time with these great people in the little big city of Yuma. Not to mention email, Facebook, and TEXTING!! :)





















Even as I post these pictures I'm thinking, "why don't I have a picture of this or that, or her, or them..." but believe me Yuma- you are in my heart!
Thank you THANK YOU for the great year and a half! And anyone needing a vaction to the great state of TEXAS - you have a place to stay!

3 comments:

  1. Heck, come back in 100 years and we will still be here! :) Glad we got to have you here, even if it was for a short time! Hope you are getting settled and all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of you and me and brooke makes you look mexican you are so tan! I know exactly what you mean--I hate yuma alot of the time, but I'll be sad to leave for certain reasons at the same time. Dont worry we will always be friends even 20 yrs from now, we are too alike to forget each other. Miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Glad you have some great memories, I know I sure do. Miss you bunches! We'll always have facebook! lol

    ReplyDelete