That was all Saturday. Sunday was fantastic. Church was great, of course, then we had our own Easter Egg Hunt, followed by a movie clip of the Easter Story. Then we enjoyed a yummy dinner-ham, funeral potatoes, salad and rolls, then a bike ride on the hill trails behind our home...
And the best part...the kids were really interested in the TRUE celebration of Easter. They were asking questions and telling us the story and it just was one of those great parent moments....
The egg hunts literally lasted like 2 minutes for each age group. There were so many kids the field was dust when they all went out to grab eggs...
Maggiano's is a fantastic little italian restaraunt. And if you order off their classic pasta menu then you get to take a second serving home for free. So we had our "left overs" for dinner tonight :)
Egg coloring is always a highlight!!
This year we spruced it up with a little front hand spring contest. I'm pretty sure I won...
Easter Sunday
YUM!! My special Peach Bundt Cake - seriously it's yummy!!
Off to the races...
And we ended our day with a bike ride in the hills behind our house...Seriously beautiful back there. But we do have to watch out for wild hogs...yes, you read that right...WILD HOGS.. :)
A final celebration of breaking the confetti filled eggs over our heads
The Easter festivities are fun, yes they are. But it all boils down to the real reason we celebrate this wonderful holiday. I am so grateful for my Savior, and his willingness to go through the pain and suffering and death so that I am able to live with my Heavenly Father again. When I think about it and really ponder what he went through, mentally I just can't grasp it at all. But spiritually I know that my Eternity is because of my elder brother. I know He love me and He loves all of us. I have felt his love in my life, I have experienced events that have witnessed clearly to me that He lives and loves me and has a definite plan in store for me.




I like your "valley girl" face you have in some of your picture, i'm glad i rubbed off you in that way. :)
ReplyDelete