It was my pleasure to perform Handels' Messiah once again. This year I joined the Yuma Ecumenical Choir under the direction of Brandon Stroup. My good friend Ericka Nelson was also helping with practice directing. It was a fantastic experience, so fun to be back in a choir. After performing three years in Boise I wasn't sure if this experience would be able to top the previous ones. It was just as fantastic or even better. Brandon(Brother, Mr....whatever) Stroup was fantastic. He truly is a site to see as he stands before the choir and directs. I'm going to go out on a limb and say its actually quite beautiful. So thank you Mr. Stroup for the experience. I look forward to working on the Easter portion of the Messiah this spring.
Picture from the paper during a weeknight practice. If you look behind the girl with the dark shirt in the front row and over one to the right you will see me with curly hair...big curly hair, to be a little more precise(hehe)
Our director, Brandon Stroup. He is an amazing genious a what he does. And he does it all with "two hands and a baton".
Thank you, Ericka, for ALL your hard work as well. Ericka was a behind the scenes miracle worker....literally!
That's awesome - what a fun thing to be a part of!
ReplyDelete