Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

SPECIAL BREAKFAST

Madelyn stayed home from school today. She fevered during the night and her allergies were killing her this morning. After seven years of being her mom I can always tell if she is really sick or just kind of sick. Her tell-tell sign...her face transforms into a porcelain doll look. In my interrogations for the morning I could tell she was sick...she didn't really have to convince me. But I still wanted her to make the decision herself and make sure she was making it for the right reasons. Sometimes kids just wanna stay home, ya know...

Anyway, she's been relaxing. I've been cleaning a bit. When I got done with my shower, etc, she told me to close my eyes-she had a surprise for me.

A SPECIAL BREAKFAST just for me for taking care of her. Oh, how sweet! A tall glass of milk, a very LARGE bowl of cereal(I'm pretty sure the milk had been poured since I got into the shower), an apple, a peach, AND a chocolate pop tart.

YUM YUM!!! Thanks Madelyn, that Peach was fantastic! :)

2 comments: