I wasn't busy on Wednesday. I was nursing Marcus back to health. And by nursing I mean laying him down on the couch with a blanket and a movie pretty much all day.
Anyway, it was a lazy day, not much going on. Brian even took a nap. When he woke up we even played a game.
Once I got the boys settled down at about 2:00, I started working on a project I'd been asked to do. 2:20 rolled around and my head popped up like a piece of popcorn...
IT WAS EARLY RELEASE(which is 2:05) AND I HADN'T PICKED UP MADELYN YET!!!!!!
I scrambled the kids into the van, drove like a mad woman, and screeched into the school parking lot by about 2:25. Madelyn came out of the office and immediatly fell into tears...mommy did too.
HOW...I mean really, HOW could I have forgotten to pick my daughter up from school. I get the worst mommy award for Wednesday!
No growth in the comfort zone!
2 years ago




Send me a worst mommy award too - I made Maggie go to school this morning even though she said her tummy hurt. She didn't have a fever etc. She's missed over the amount of days she's supposed to miss this year for legitimate sickness, but lately she's not liking school. She calls and says the tummy thing or that she's tired etc. The dr checked all her blood work and she's A OKAY. Her teacher can't figure it out - she says she has friends etc. Anyhow, I made her go today! I'm still feeling bad about it!
ReplyDeleteWe all deserve that award at some point! My mom tells me horror stories all the time or crazy things parents do! You being 20 mins late is no biggie!
ReplyDelete