Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

I'M IN FOR IT

It's mid March...MID MARCH for crying out loud!!! Today it was almost 90 degrees outside.  I am so hot! I don't even know how to handle it.  It is THE dryest heat I have ever experienced.  And I think I got sunburned THROUGH MY CLOTHES! I'm not even kidding.

It's really bad when you can't even find shade IN THE GARAGE!!!! Ya know, cuz as the parent, you set up your chair to read and watch the kids while they play right.  So I set my chair up just outside the garage door...then just inside the garage...then about halfway back. Finally I found myself practically jumping into the freezer to get the kids popcicles. 

All I can say is HHHHHHHHEEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPP!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could tell you it won't be that bad, but...it does get really bad! :) People used to say to us, "At least it's not humid" and I never understood how that helped. Dry heat is awful, it's like being inside an oven with no way out!! Once when we were tracting, my companion and I both commented on how much cooler it felt. We checked someone's outside thermometer and it said "116 degrees"! THAT felt cool compared to what it had been!!! I sympathize with you - hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It only gets "better" and you never get used to it either! Even after 21 years, I about die every summer! But at least you have a pool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha!!!! Paul ALMOST turned on the AC last night. But I didn't let him.

    And linsey's right...at least you have a pool, which by the end of July will not even feel cool, it will be tepid bath water! LOL!

    ReplyDelete