Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

SIX FLAGS HOLIDAY

PULL MY LEG TO GET ME THERE...but we had a good time last night at Six Flags Fiesta Texas Holiday Extravaganza. The park was lit in colored lights, the rides were line-less, Santa Claus was taking requests, and the tree lighting was such a treat.





OK...this was HI-LAR-I-OUS!!! We were so excited to see an ice-skating rink at the park for the holidays. It wasn't packed, it looked like people were getting right in to skate and it was FREE so we were sold! We walked in and realized in 2 seconds why the things I just mentioned were so. WAX SKATING RINK!!!! We laughed out loud. We laughed so hard, we cried and the first thing I thought was...TOTAL REDNECK!


look at that wax!! You couldn't even skate because the flooring was so sliced and diced.

The Tree Lighting Street Show was fantastic. The group of six singers sang a Capella and held the tune the entire time. They sang favorite. They sang with joy. Between the tree, the lights around the park, the carols, and the crisp night air, it truly felt like the Christmas holiday. It felt peaceful, and warm, and in those moments I felt, again, how wonderful it is to have my family - and to have my family forever. The lights were lit, Santa appeared on the roof, and the blew artificial snow. It was awesome!



(can you tell...AWESOME!!!)

Are we all ready for Christmas. Spiritually, we've talked about it quite a bit sporadically. We are trying to instill in their minds the true celebration. And traditionally(or the monetary side of Christmas) we are pretty ready to. We've been having fun getting the kids a few new things. And for the most part we have stuck to the one thing they want, one thing they need, one thing they wear, and one thing they read. I think they'll be happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment