But for now...here's a bit of what has gone on since my last post. So what, like, a couple of weeks or so....
Of course I got our Christmas decorations up. Pretty early, I might say. I realized that I have a lot that I'm ready to recycle. It's time to change out a few things and add to others. I love the warm feeling of having the mantel lit up with lights and baby Jesus nestled in the garland. The stocking are hung, the trees are decorated, and the lights are hung outside. Well...they are hung but are no longer in use. With all the rain we've had, it power surged the socket and it won't work. Ooops.
One evening while I was at Young Womens, the kids and Brent decorated the "kid" tree. Looks like they had fun(obviously after showers...sorry for the shirtless boys).
(Brian has his redneck teeth in...he hasn't ruined them that bad in real life yet)
Brian had his preschool program. It was totally cute. The kids were great. did the know the songs...not really. Was it super organized...not even. Was I the proudest parent there...YES-SIR-EE!! They sang songs like Joy To The World, Frosty The Snowman, and another one that was to the tune of Wheels on the Bus. But I think the BEST one was the finale song...I love Brian's preschool. I think they do a great job teaching the ABC/123, teaching them manners, social skills, and they do a great job teaching them basics from the Bible. But the last song in their program CRACKED me up...it was something like "clap clap snap snap, happy birthday...clap clap snap snap happy birthday. JESUS, its your birthday....HAPPY BIRTHDAY...etc etc etc." Too funny.
Our first trip to Austin. We took the kids to see a production of Beauty and the Beast over at University of Texas. Beautiful Campus; very nice theater right there next to the stadium. Marcus was a little disappointed we weren't going to a football game. "We're right next to the stadium though...".
(The original Chuy's)
(Bass Concert Hall, University of Texas)
(Not a great picture from inside. That pinkish blob was the rose)
Breakfast at Lakeway Resort and Spa. What a fantastic hotel. We had a first...Brent had his holiday dinner with all his peers and his boss on Saturday night so we hired a sitter through an agency. The sitter came and watched the kids at the hotel. For four hours they played non-stop. I was so impressed that she kept them entertained in the confines of a hotel room. We will definitely keep this lady in mind for the next time(there won't ever be a 'next time', but still!)
Letters to Santa were written and mailed tonight. Tall order, I must say. Lot's of disappointment gonna be happenin' at our house come Christmas mornin'. LOL :) I think Santa will take care of the kids, and I know Brent and I will. They've been good kids this year, so no coal. Although, if I'm being totally honest, I have used that as a threat over the last few weeks.





No comments:
Post a Comment