The kids are starting to be very responsive to our Family Home Evening lessons. We can actually have a 8-10 minute lesson without loosing them after the first 2 minutes. Last night Brent gave the kids a wonderful lesson on Sacrifice, using Abraham and Isaac as an example, and then tying it in to our Heavenly Fathers love for His Son. Though it was a pretty heavy and deep subject, the kids were very responsive to the lesson. I hope they are learning the meaning of sacrifice; giving up one thing for the greater good of another.
After our lesson we finished up a craft that was put together by Grandma Rigby(my mommy). For the Rigby Family Christmas party every year, my mom always has a fun craft for the kids to do. This year was no different. Because we couldn't attend this year she was gracious enough to send it in the mail. And it turned out fantastic.
Thanks mom for an awesome craft. Once again, you've outdone yourself. But we love it! And it will be perfect for the kids' rooms. And what a wonderful message. We should all look in the mirror and remember these important words, "I AM a child of God, and HE LOVES ME..."
Once we finished our craft we headed upstairs for a little friendly competition...Just Dance 3. If you have yet to buy this game for your WII, XBOX or whatever gaming system you have, GO TO THE STORE TODAY! It is a great family fun game. It also makes you sweat!
I'm not bragging or anything...but I kicked everyone's butt! Any takers???




FUN! I wish we got to play that, we would totally kick everyones butt doing Thriller. I try FHE, but lose them after like 10 seconds. Its hard to keep doing it, I need to be better.
ReplyDelete