Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

*RIGBY SPOILER ALERT* CRAFT PROJECTS

I am not a crafter. My mom is the world's BEST crafter...and I missed the gene. BUT...this year I decided I wanted to TRY. So for all my sis-in-laws I made Christmas Topiaries(and to prove how much of a NON-crafter I am, I don't even know how to spell topiary). My project turned out fun! I love the finished product and now wish I had counted one for myself...how about NEXT year.

I spray painted rocks from my garden GOLD to put at the base then added ribbon and Christmas picks. They turned out fun fun! :) Hope my family likes them. HEADS UP...if you don't like them-PRETEND! :)

THEN...for my Rigby Family Christmas party I am in charge of teaching the children the meaning behind the the Star, Bell, and the color RED as it applies to Christmas. For a take-home visual reminder I made these for all the grand-kids...

Just a simple wooden ornament spray painted GOLD(I love the spray paint), then mod podged the scrapbook paper to incorporate the red from the paper as well as the holly berry, added a bell to the red ribbon and wa-la...RED, STAR, and BELL

I have to say being busy with the craft projects the last couple of days made me kind of excited to start another one....I'll let the excitment wear off and then I'll re-evaluate. haha :)

2 comments:

  1. First of all - I'm lovin the play list :)

    Second - your projects are so fun! I'm loving your topiaries! (I don't know how to spell it either)
    Love the idea of teaching the kids the different meanings behind all of the Christmas symbols. Are you guys headed home for Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My opinion: You obviously ARE a crafter! Cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete