I DIDN'T HAVE AS MANY DAYS IN BOISE AS I WOULD HAVE LIKED, but we had a great time with what we had. We got to see friends and family and it was lots of fun. Next time we'll have time for even MORE visiting.
Started our Boise trip with a few unforseen "issues" but nothing that took away the fun. Just made for good memories. :)
Bring on the Bowling with the Collin's. Yay! I was horrible. Next time I'm putting bumpers down for ME too! The kids had a lot of fun. And we got to visit with Ann Don over bowling and lunch.
Sista's from anotha motha....and look, I even LOOK like the "older" sis. Somehow I've aged to 34 and Ann is STILL 24. What on earth!!!!
I don't even know how to explain this photo...haha
We had a great BBQ with Thayne and Angel and fam, Jeff and Jackie and fam, and mom and dad. BBQ, watermelon seed spitting, and swimming. Perfect Pioneer Day celebration :) Thank you Angel for preparing the evening for us. Angel always goes above and beyond to make sure everyone is comfortable.I just want my mom and dad to know how MUCH I appreciated them getting into the pool with the kids. Is swimming their favorite thing?? Not even...but their grandkids are and they literally do anything to make them happy. I'm so grateful for all you do for the kids.
My brother Jeff. Three and a half years older, we only spent one year of high school together. But I will always remember trying out for cheerleader my freshman year. He made everyone that he talked to with a ballot still in their hands that DIDN'T vote for me change their vote. I still didn't make cheerleader that year, but I've never forgotten how it made me feel to know that my big brother was looking out for his little sis. And he's the one that taught me the statement, "remember who you are and what you stand for". I've never forgotten that and use it still to this day for myself, my kids, and my young women.
The morning before we headed for Utah I had a chance to visit with some dear friends there in Boise. Ahhhh....it was a great time. And the kids took about 2 seconds to be comfortable with each other again. I loved it!!!
On to Utah...we had a few minutes before we were meeting up with Micah, my bro, so I stopped to see a friend from Texas who was also visiting family in Utah. Howdy Andrea...long time no see! Haha...like a weekend or two, actually. :)
After an allergic reaction scare...I thought for sure we were heading Kyle to the ER. We were all able to relax, enjoy the YUMMY food Martine had prepared for us, and play around with the kiddo's a bit. Martine always puts on a great spread for guests. She is a great hostest. Brent and Micah got a little crazy with the kids and ran circles around the house playing chase.
From this post alone a person can tell how much I love being with family. I do, I really do. I think that there are a lot of things I don't understand in life and religion, but there is one thing I am sure of...FAMILY. That I know is what this life and the life to come is all about. Family and the memories and relationships we create. I'm truly enjoying making memories with my family.

















No comments:
Post a Comment