Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE...

Everyone once in awhile you come across a picture, landscape, sunset, or sky that takes your breath away. On my trip to Utah I had my breath taken away multiple times... 

We made a day of downtown Salt Lake City; visited Temple Square, the museums, the new outdoor mall. It was wonderful. But this first picture is truly one that takes your breath away. The beauty of the temple; the craftsmanship alone is amazing, but add the story of the building of the temple and you have a truly organic experience. If you'd like to know it's history you can read here. Or I'd love to tell you about the temple... As I walked the temple ground that beautiful day I felt the peace of my Heavenly Father. There's no question that our Heavenly Father created the beauties of the earth to help us feel the spirit. Flowers, shrubs, waters, blue skies, beautiful stones.... Though there are great blessings promised within the walls of the temple, there are also amazing museums all around the temple that share great blessings as well. The blessing of a loving Heavenly Father, a savior, and the Holy Ghost. The promise of eternal families. The unconditional love of charity and service. There is no denying the blessings that are promised all around us. Great blessings that I KNOW are real if we are willing to live our life in a way submissive to the Lord.

Submissive...there might be some that fear that word. Yet, in a way, it gives us great freedom. When we submit ourselves to the commandments of God we are healthy and happy. We have the guidance of the Holy Ghost, and the light of Christ alive in us. We find the glass half full, rather than half empty.  Is life easier...no. But the load is lighter.

I am clearly far from perfect. I have a lifetime of habits to perfect, and vices to overcome. But I know that each day I try; each day I ask my Heavenly Father for guidance, forgiveness, and a boost for the next day, I get closer and closer to realizing the blessings and promises that have been given me.

With that said...this day took my breath away.















The next day we went to Thanksgiving Point which is at the point of the mountain(close to American Fork). I've been there multiple times...to the dinosaur museum and the petting zoo. But this time we went to this adventure land. I'm not sure what its called. It had a great pirate ship splash area and then a whole garden area for kids to explore. It was also connected to the Large Gardens at Thanksgiving Point. This was another day that took my breath away.... 










 Everyone once in awhile you come across a picture, landscape, sunset, or sky that takes your breath away.....



No comments:

Post a Comment