Memorial Weekend was a HIT out on the Guadalupe River. We went with friends, the Clark's and Capener's and stayed on some private property. Some beautiful country, I'll tell ya, just northeast of us(I'm guessing at the direction cuz if you know me, you know I don't know north south east west).
Together we had 5 adults and 11 kids, no fighting, no crying, no serious injuries, no snake bites, no wild animal scares. But we did have tons and tons of fun, good food, great swimming, nice conversation, and best of all fantastic memories!
Dale Capener with Jace, Kyle, Cody, and Charlie(you gotta say his name with a british accent)
Our Family...the clarks weren't back from church yet so I didn't get a family pic. That's right!!! We all went to church :)
The rope swing was the hit of the weekend. The kids probably went off that thing 50 times each. I think
Brian jumped about 100 times.
What a good looking group of kids, right! Four plus four plus three equals 11 KIDDOS! So much fun!!!
Da DADS....
Cabe, Brent, Dale
Da MOMS...
Me, Sandi
Super fun!!! Loved every minute! Well, almost every minute. There were the few minutes that I was hiking through thistles to get to the bathroom that weren't so fun. But on the positive note - THERE WERE BATHROOMS!!NOW...On to the next weekend...THE BEACH!!! We went to North Padre Island, down there in Corpus Christi. It's not to far, but the beach was beautiful. We hadn't been to this particular spot before. Loved it! Nice soft sand, beautiful waves and color, picnic tables with pergolas. This time we met up with the Clark's, the Clark's, The Evans, and the Roundy's(and yes, I meant to type "the Clark's" twice).
I couldn't help it! I couldn't resist!!! Those are two of the finest looking bunz i've ever seen! Thanks Sandi and Cabe for digging in the sand and the exact WRONG time(right time for me, but now your butts are famous)
The kids spent the afternoon boogie boarding, jumping waves, digging in the sand, and eating treats.
Shanda and Dan Evans
Gunnar and Brittney Clark - Gunner and Cabe are brothers, both Anesthesiologist too.
Sandi and Cabe Clark
Me and Brent
I was having the time of my life playing with the kids!! haha...okay, in reality I posed for that pic because I am NEVER in the pictures. But I did have the time of my life out in the ocean. Usually I am a beach sitter but this time I was out in the water with the rest of them. Loved it!
And with that many "boys" there was sure to be a game of football to break out. It was fun to watch them all - all dads and sons.
A glimpse of what the girls did a LOT of the day. They all played so well with each other; all the kids, I mean.
Being so far away from family, it has been nice to meet some really nice friends and acquaintances that we can make memories with. This was a great weekend. And one that I would love have a sequel too. AND THE MORE THE MERRIER!!! Come one...COME ALL!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment