We visited Fredricksburg and Quadalupe State Park. A nail in the tire through off the time frame for going downtown(but they had seen it before). I kept my dad busy with a chalkboard project(which turned out fantastic, by the way). My parents got to see lots of old friends in Houston over the weekend and then, sadly, It was time for dad to go back home.
While mom stayed the extra week we worked on a sewing project, went shopping, and enjoyed each other's company.
Fredricksburg....
Guadalupe State Park....minus most of the water going through the river because of the drowt(sp)...
Curing the chalkboard...we built it from particle board, chalkboard paint, put a boarder on, and vwalla!
Sewing projects with grandma...a "guy" carrier for the go...
My sewing project with mom....
Kids playing with grandma and...Marcus made a SPY CAMERA
Yup...got held up for a few days...but mommy waited on me hand and foot. Isn't that how it goes. Thanks mom for everything you did for me while you were here. Well, and actually through my whole life :)
Projects everyday...birdhouses, walks through the forest, made playdough, etc, etc, etc....
As individual days the trip was SUPERB!! As a whole it was FANTASTIC! I'm so glad I have such a close relationship with my parents, that Brent gets along well with them and that the kids love them to death. Sometimes I think Madelyn would trade me in for Grandma Rigby....I just keep the visits frequent so we don't have to do that. LOL.




Were you texting me in that photo of you when you were laying in bed sick? :-) I love the chalkboard wall
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you had a great time. I love the chalkboard wall too! And the aprons turned out great.
ReplyDelete