Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pleasantly Surprised...

I taught both Madelyn and Marcus how to read with a book my sister in law swears by...Teach Your Child To Read in 100 Easy Lessons by Siegfried Engelmann.

Well...maybe I need to rephrase that a bit....I fought with Madelyn through the 100 lessons, almost destroying her will to read. Marcus made it through a little better-not much. We weren't killing each other, but we weren't exactly happy with each other through it....

Brian, Brian, Brian. The last one always has it the easiest, don't they. We figure out all the right's and wrong's with the first kids so by the time we get to the last we know it all - or have lost all hope so have stopped fighting. :)

We are a quarter of the way through the reading program and I've been so pleasantly surprised; no fighting, no crying, no tantrums(by me), just sounding out words and reading stories.

YES!!!

I think I'm to the point now that I can swear by the book! Thank you Siegfried Engelmann!

No comments:

Post a Comment