Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

I am going to be honest....I am not a fan of Mother's Day. It is not a day that I celebrate as being a great mom, having it all together, and being grateful every day for the rich blessings of motherhood....

It's become a day that I find my inadequacies, that I compare myself to other mothers, that I look back at all the times during the past week(or even the darn weekend) that I yelled at the kids.

No...Mother's Day is not a celebration for me.

Be it pride, selfishness, or a lack of faith on something I have planted this road block in my mind that I'm gonna dread it every year.

But then the day passes......

And I look at the photos.....

And I remember once again how richly blessed I am!!! How happy I am that we are working at getting it all "together", and that I may not be the BEST mom in the world, but I AM a mom!!!

I love my kids! And they love me! Thank you Madelyn, Marcus, and Brian for making me the happiest mother in the world!!!
Mother/Son Date at the Gym...so much fun! It was cowboy theme-they had a mechanical bull, pony rides, dancing(which the boys killed it on the dance floor), dinner with root beer floats, balloon animals, pictures, and games. Great activity! And while we did that, Madelyn and Brent went on their own date to Six Flags.



Sunday Morning - my three pride and joys!

Gifts...I won't pass up gifts :)


 These are the best gifts!!! Homemade cards, school projects, etc.


Oh how I could count the joys of being a mother...I have three PERFECT reasons for me being here on this earth.

2 comments:

  1. I think a lot of moms end up feeling how you described. As moms, we all have a different approach, different strengths and weaknesses and we usually compare our own weaknesses to other's strengths. I think we're all just trying to do what we think is best for our individual kids. The past few years I've been working on cutting myself some slack for not being perfect in everything, because all I can do is my best and then turn the rest over to the Lord! You're a wonderful mother - glad you had a good day!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! How sweet! I love those notes!

    ReplyDelete