There truly is never a dull moment in the Busman Household.
We are on the move again....
HILL COUNTRY, TEXAS
Brent has accepted a position as Community Banking President in the area of Hill Country Texas. His area will include all the Hill Country between Austin and San Antonio...cities including Kerrville, Ingram, Boerne, Comfort, New Bronsfels, and North San Antonio. We have chosen to find a home in Boerne(you say it Burny). It is a small suburb of San Antonio, about 10,000 people. It's like living in the country with all the conveniences you could want about 10 minutes away.
We told the kids on Wednesday night. A weekend or two ago Brent and I traveled out to the Hill Country to make our final decision. We brought the kids back some stuffed animals with "Texas" written on the bellies. So on Wednesday night we took them to Texas Roadhouse and gave them their stuffed animals. Despite our bribery and selling skills, there were definetly mixed emotions around the table. Brian didn't understand, Marcus was excited, and poor Madelyn cried herself to sleep that night(and made me promise that if she didn't like it by the time the summer came around she could go live with Grandma Rigby...I better make sure she likes it!)
When we got into the parking lot of Texas Roadhouse they had country music playing from the speakers. Marcus says, "this music is terrible". I tried to smooth it over by saying, "Well, we're going to Texas Roadhouse, there is a lot of country music in Texas"....He responded with, "I don't like it". Under my breath I said, "better get used to it...."
My emotions are all over the board...mostly I'm numb and shocked right now. I really like Yuma, my friends, my routine. But I know I will adjust in Texas as well. I'm proud of Brent and his success with the Bank. But for now all I can say is....
TEXAS or BUST.....




c'mon, didnt you aggie-ettes ever do any line dancing? You'll fit right in there! And all the trees and beautiful nature will calm you i promise!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Debbie...we will miss you a lot, but everything will turn out great for you! A new wonderful adventure for your family! We may just all have to catch a plane to Texas for the next girls night! :)
ReplyDeleteI am glad you posted your blog on facebook! I had no idea you had a blog. Fun way to see what is going on! Good luck in Texas...very exciting.
ReplyDeleteKim
WOAH! So crazy girlie! I can't believe it! Who would've ever guessed you guys would be US travelers, but how fun for your kids to get the opportunity to see and live in some really fun places then what they are used to! Congrats to Brent for being a super smarty pants and super star in his job! Thats so great! Congrats you guys!!!
ReplyDeleteI was reading along and said, "Oh no!" Emma asked what was wrong and when I told her she cried :( We will miss you guys... but what a great opportunity!! And hey... who doesn't love a little adventure?
ReplyDeleteWow! Big news! Good luck with the move!
ReplyDeleteHOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO COME VISIT ME IF YOU LIVE IN TEXAS??? WE FINALLY GET HERE AND YOU LEAVE ME??? Well have to come visit before you leave... so when do you leave?!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new job! I'm sure the kids will adjust well. Have Brent give them a father's blessing before you leave. That always made me feel better.
ReplyDeleteHolly Cow I didn't see that one coming. Well onward and upward I suppose...you and your amazing family will be missed. Watch out Texas hear come the Bushman's.
ReplyDelete