I'm so proud to be the daughter of a purple heart Vet, the granddaughter of Vet, a niece of a Navyman, and the Aunt of Navyman.
And to celebrate our country's freedom we spent the day with friends at a local parade, a local dawg house, and local mansion...can't ask for more diversity - much like our country.
Comfort, TX puts on a great parade. Lots and lots of great floats. Lots and lots of royalty. And they throw lots and lots of candy. They kids had a blast and I think us adults did too. We met up with about four other family's at the parade and had lunch with them too.
Here's a pretty good look at who was there...me, Angie, Kristin, Kristin's mom, Andrea, and Danielle... Good times!
And really...have you seen a better looking group of kids! They all had a great time taking candy from strangers!!! Literally...there was one "float" that the guy was lulling them over to him and feeding them out of his hand. hmmmm maybe not....eek!
After Boodawgs...which seriously has the BEST brisket tacos EVER, we relaxed at home...got in a little swimming time down at the pool, a little nappy nap, and a few chores done. Then it was off to the firework stand and out to our celebration party.
What a stud...
We got together with multiple families to enjoy dinner, swimming, visiting, and fireworks. It was a lot of fun! Got to know lots of people a lot better. To be honest it drove me out of my comfort zone and had great results. I really enjoyed spending time with all the family's out there. Very happy for the invite.
I'm always the photographer so I took this HORRIBLE picture of myself...but you can see the home in the background. The family, the Hill's have a great home for entertaining; very comfortable, very open, very beautiful.
The lounge chairs served me and Andrea very well for a good 30 minutes. lol!!!
And after we devoured the yummy salads, desserts, hamburgers, hot dogs, and pulled bbq, we got ready for the firework show. This wasn't just ANY firework show. We're talking full on light up the sky! So fun! And we contributed our $30 pack(that was full of sparklers, fountains, and smoke bombs...haha). But I'll tell you what, I think every person was entertained in one way or another.
Yes, we had a great time with the festivities, and yes we are so very thankful for the friends we have that we were able to celebrate with. And their were others that we would have liked to add to the mix. But the most important thing to know is that I am so grateful for our free country. And the men and women that fight to keep us free. We truly live in "one nation under God". Thank you thank you.








No comments:
Post a Comment