Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

MOTHER'S DAY 2012

I love being a mother, I DON'T love Mother's Day. However, the day went rather smooth, no major emotional breakdowns on my part, no fighting amongst the kids, great meetings at church, dinner was yummy. I would say Mother's Day 2012 was pretty darn good.

Mostly, we celebrated a few days early because Brent was going to be gone on the actual M-Day. Which was fine with me. A few presents - our M and F Day staples...cologne(BCBGMAX and True Religion, Hippie Chic. And they both smell YUMMY! We went out to dinner to Cheesecake Factory and then took the kids to The Avengers. Great movie, by the way.



I love the homemade gifts. Madelyn gave me a written letter with some "chore" flowers inside that I can choose to have her do. Brian made me bling'd flip flops and a coupon for a foot rub. Marcus Made the cute flower with the most precious poem attached and the ceramic butterfly(maybe it's clay). 
 The kids LOOOOVE giving gifts...they were excited to wrap the perfumes that Brent purchased and decide who gives me what. The BCBGMax came with a large tote which Madelyn was in HEAVEN to give me.



Sunday-actual Mother's Day, we relaxed. The kids let me sleep in, brought me breakfast in bed, were super duper good at church, and then we came home and enjoyed the night. Got some yummy dinner, played around a bit and ended the night with a "concert".

The Kids' concerts crack me up. They each choose a song and dance to it...sometimes they sing too but mostly they concentrate on their "moves".


 And, of couse, they ended the concert with a karate fight. I've never HEARD so many fake punches in my life. :)


You know, I've done a lot of things wrong, half right, or even great in my life. But the greatest thing I've done is become a mother to these wonderful kids. They fill my life with so many emotions, the greatest one being JOY. I love being a mom...I love being THEIR MOM!

And on that note....I am truly blessed to have the mother that I have. She is wonderful, so talented, wise, gifted, caring, and truly humble. She would bend over backwards for her own kids AND her grandkids. I love watching her play with the grandkids. She has such a special bond with each and every one of them. She has been my best friend through all things good and all things tough. She is a true example of a Daughter of God, a testament of how Christ would have us live our lives. Is she perfect??? No....but she is as perfect as one can be and remain on the earth. LOVE YOU MOM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment