A few months ago I saw something on Pinterest that inspired me for a gift for the girls. Something they could wear that would be a reminder for them to ARISE and Shine Forth every single day. I purchased two different size washers from Lowes, Metal Stamp Kit from Harbor Freight, necklace chain from Michaels, and the charms from Ebay. And then the work began. They were fun to make and I think the girls, for the most part, liked them.
Of course then I needed a display for all of them so I had this piece of wood lying around the house(well, it was the base for Brian's "guy" castle, but he hasn't figured it out yet), I painted it black, cut out the letters with my Cricket Machine and modge podged the entire board. I'm hoping we can take the nails out that were used to hang the necklaces and use the board for other things throughout the year.
The girls sang a beautiful song for us. I originally was drawn to the song when I heard it sung by the Young Women in my parents home ward in Idaho. The words were beautiful, meaningful, and exactly what I hope my daughters feels as she grows up. Though the song was the Young Women Anthem for 2011, I still felt the message was appropriate for any time....
Guardian of Virtue
We were born to come forth in these days. We were called to follow in His ways. We will choose to answer because we know the truth. We will be examples in our youth...
We are guardians of virtue, we stand for what is right. We are beacons of His love pointing others to His light. Walking in the paths of holiness, we seek the temples peace. And become who He wants us to be.
We find joy in living what we know. Righteous choices help our faith to grow. As daughters of God we'll serve our Heavenly king with confidence in beauty from within.
We are guardians of virtue, we stand for what is right. We are beacons of His love pointing others to His light. Walking in the paths of holiness, we seek the temples peace. And become who He wants us to be.
Through virtue we find the power divine that can change the world!
We are guardians of virtue, we stand for what is right. We are beacons of His love pointing others to His light. Walking in the paths of holiness, we seek the temples peace. And become who He wants us to be.
And become who He wants us to be.
I have to thank my friend Shanda Evans for volunteering without even being asked to record the accompaniment for the performance. It was amazing and perfect. Thank you.
I took time to explain the purpose of the Young Women Program, the motto, theme, and 2012 theme. I also listed out main topics that we focus on throughout the year to help the girls become their best selves. Our President spoke on Personal Progress, lots of events coming throughout the year, and bore her sweet testimony.
One of my favorite parts of the program was the introduction of the New Beehives for 2012. I sent out a little questionnaire to their parents and asked them to fill in their favorites, talents, and "what I love most about my daughter". To see the smiles on those little 11 year old faces was priceless. And even more sweet that that was the smiles of pride and love coming from their parents as their daughters were recognized.
And of course the night wouldn't have been complete without dessert.
The picture is the newest MormonAd for the 2012 Mutual Theme. The AD reads, "There is a light in each of us...SHARE IT"
Thanks to our Wonderful Young Women's President for the fantastic cupcakes. All baked and decorated by Julie Dey. Thank you so much. They were so perfect and YUMMMY!
Our Soon-to-be 2012 Beehives. I'm excited to teach you, get to know you, and see you grow into the young women that Heavenly Father knows you can be.
This experience was amazing for me. A true testimony builder. A renewed faith in the young women's program and the desire for my daughter to follow the program. I know that it is inspired by our Heavenly Father as another resource to help us return to live with Him again.









How great! Those necklaces are so cool. I bet they loved them!
ReplyDeleteThey are so lucky to have a coolio leader like you!
ReplyDelete